Portugal attacker Cristiano Ronaldo is confident that his side can qualify for the knockout stages of Euro 2012, despite having to face the likes of Germany, Holland and Denmark in the “Group of Death”.
“We know we are in the most difficult group of the Euros, but it is not anything to regret, because you cannot change it, and we have known it for months,” he told Uefa.com.
“So we have to be prepared, we have no other option. These will be extremely difficult matches, but I think Portugal will do a good job and we will progress to the next phase.”
The Real Madrid talisman went on to reveal that Portugal are eyeing a win against Germany in their first fixture in Group B.
Three points against Germany would be absolutely golden for the Portuguese, but can they pull it off? We shall see.
Euro 2012 Betting Odds: Group of Death
Last and probably least, Euro 1992 champions Denmark are 16/1 underdogs to win Group B.
Now then, you do not have to win your group to reach the knockout stages of Euro 2012. A top-2 finish will do just fine.
Subsequently, betting on group qualification shifts the betting odds quite drastically.
See for yourself. Here are the betting odds for the teams to qualify from Group B of the 2012 European Championships:
Euro 2012 Betting Odds: Group A – Total Goals
Every football fan wants to see goals, goals and more goals. In other words, we want to be entertained, and grinding out 1-0 results doesn’t float most of our boats.
Despite what you may think, this useless banter has a point. In fact, it’s a perfect transition to revealing the “total goals” odds for Group B. Note, these odds apply for group matches only.
The Group of Death is 15/8 to net under 14 goals, 13/8 to notch 14-16 goals and 6/4 to bag over 16 goals.
Bet of the Day: 9 June 2012
Stay tuned for the latest betting odds, news and rumors surrounding Euro 2012.
- Germany Vs. Portugal, 2012 European Championship: Ronaldo To The Rescue? (sbnation.com)
- Ozil: There is more to Portugal than Cristiano Ronaldo (goal.com)
- Euro 2012: Cristiano Ronaldo Must Be Group’s Best Player for Portugal to Advance (bleacherreport.com)
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident about Portugal’s chances ahead of Germany clash (goal.com)
- PST: ‘Group of death’ opens Saturday in Euro ’12 (prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com)
- Cristiano Ronaldo Vows to stay at Real (mad4sports.wordpress.com)
- Will the real Ronaldo show up? (lfpress.com)
- ‘Humble’ Germany? (mad4sports.wordpress.com)
- Messi better than Ronaldo – Huntelaar (iol.co.za)
- Scolari: The only bad thing in Cristiano Ronaldo’s life is Messi (goal.com)