Despite Joachim Low`s side being labelled as slight favourites for the Group B encounter, Neuer remains wary of the Seleccao, and warns his side that they will have to be at their best to secure all three points.
“We want to win, but have to be modest in preparing for the game,” he said at a press conference.
“A lot has changed for Germany since 2010. Back then it was not certain that I would be the number one. Now I`m glad about the responsibility I take for the team.”
“Cristiano Ronaldo? I`d say the Champions League semi-final (between Bayern Munich and Real Madrid) turned out to be a tie between us, but I suppose (Mesut) Ozil and (Sami) Khedira kept him well informed about me,” grinned Neuer.
Germany will also take on the Netherlands and Denmark in Group B action.
- Euro 2012 Preview – Can Germany reach the top from Group B? (tsn.ca)
- Sergio Ramos: I didn’t know Neuer enjoys losing finals (goal.com)
- Joachim Low Names Germany 23 Man Roster For EURO 2012 (theoriginalwinger.com)
- Low names 23-man squad (skysports.com)
- Euro 2012: Germany tactics and key questions – the expert’s view | Christoph Biermann (guardian.co.uk)
- Germany has to fine-tune its defence (thehindu.com)
- Bayern defeat would hit Germany confidence ahead of Euros (dawn.com)
- Mertesacker called up by Germany (bbc.co.uk)